Welcome to the Cal Poly Office for Academic Programs and Planning!
The Office of Academic Programs and Planning (APP) plays an essential role in promoting student success and providing an exceptional education at Cal Poly. We are committed to promoting student success by partnering with faculty and staff, sharing governance with the Academic Senate, and engaging with campus leaders in strategic academic planning.
In particular, APP provides guidance and support for each of the university’s academic programs, which for 2018-19 include 66 undergraduate degree programs, 42 graduate degree programs, as well as operational aspects of the General Education program.
To accomplish our goals, we facilitate academic planning for new and existing degree programs; manage the WASC accreditation and program-review process for all of Cal Poly's academic programs; direct the assessment efforts of student learning; oversee the university's Instructionally Related Activities program; implement system-wide, California State University initiatives; and produce reports to complete all of our accountability requirements.
Additionally, Academic Programs and Planning oversees these departments and programs:
- Center for Teaching, Learning and Technology (ctlt.calpoly.edu)
- International, Graduate, and Extended Education (extended.calpoly.edu)
- Office of the Registrar (registrar.calpoly.edu)
- For information about courses, visit the online catalog (catalog.calpoly.edu).
- Service Learning (civic.calpoly.edu)
- University Advising (advising.calpoly.edu)
- University Honors Program (honors.calpoly.edu)
- University Writing and Rhetoric Center (writingcenter.calpoly.edu)